1. Verify that your domain is eligible for transfer
Before initiating the transfer, make sure your domain qualifies for it. Here are standard requirements for most domains, including all gTLDs (e.g., .COM / .NET / .ORG etc.), new gTLDs (e.g., .BID / .CLUB / .TRADE / .TECH etc.) and some ccTLDs (.TV / .ME / .CO etc.):
- The domain must have been registered or transferred at least 60 days ago;
- The domain must be unlocked at the current registrar (its Whois status should be OK or Active);
- The domain must show a valid and accessible Admin email address in Whois, as the Transfer Approval email will be sent there.
2. Order the transfer
After verifying that your domain meets all transfer requirements, feel free to purchase the transfer at Perky Rabbit Space. For this, follow the steps below:
1) Sign into your Perky Rabbit Space account and go to the “Transfers” page (“Domains” drop-down menu).
2) Enter your domain into the search bar, click “Transfer”.
3) Verify that your domain is prepared for the transfer and check boxes next to the corresponding fields.
4) Provide the Auth/EPP code.
5) Add the transfer to the cart and check out using your preferred payment method.
3. Approve the transfer via email
After you check out and enter the Auth code, a Transfer Approval email will be sent to the domain’s Admin email address listed under Whois. This email is sent from [email protected] (or [email protected]). Confirm the transfer by clicking the link in the email and selecting “I approve” on the following form.
Once the transfer is confirmed, your previous registrar will have 5 calendar days to approve the transfer. If they do not take any actions within this period, the transfer will be approved automatically. You may also check with the previous registrar if it is possible to speed up outgoing transfers with them. You will receive a notification from Perky Rabbit Space when the transfer is complete.
Note 1: Please remember that a domain transfer does not imply automatic DNS change. The nameservers for your domain will remain the same after the transfer and are not automatically changed to Perky Rabbit Space DNS. If your domain is using the default DNS at your previous registrar, the transfer process may cause temporary downtime of your website and/or email service interruption. To learn how to minimize the downtime, review the information in this article.
Note 2: If your domain expired with your previous registrar, and you've reactivated it (renewed after expiration) with them, please do not transfer it within 45 days of the previous expiration date. According to ICANN, the domain will be renewed for 1 year by the new registrar, but the reactivation year added to your domain by the previous registrar will be revoked. You may also lose renewal fees paid to the previous registrar. Check more information here.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.